Monday, April 30, 2012

Avacyn Restored Midnight Prerelease at Gameshaven!

Hi, I'm Helly the Helvault. Nice to meet you!
So Constantine, Justin and myself decided to go for the Avacyn Restored Midnight Prerelease tournament event at Gameshaven. 35 Bucks for 7 Boosters, you get 6 Boosters with which to build a deck(or 2) from, and you play a few rounds of swiss to see how many boosters you win.

It was an interesting interesting experience.
A few hours before the event, we're just stoning there~
The biggest challenge was making it through the whole day until Midnight without falling asleep...except that when the event finally started, I was awake and hyper as a jackrabbit.


So the event started, and we're asked to sit randomly for the deck building. We were passed these checklists to submit your deck and submit which cards you received in your cardpool.
Usually, for sealed tournaments like these, you would be swapping your cardpools. HOWEVER, since it's a prerelease, Gameshaven's staff said that there would be no cardpool swapping. Thank Lord.
JaY, one of Con's buddies, pulled a foil Tamiyo. One of the rarest cards in the set!

My Six boosters. You have to admit that the booster pack art is prettyyyyy
So after you're distributed the packs, you're allowed to open it and make your decks. Minimum of 40 cards, as opposed to the usual 60.

Devinn, Con and JaY are all at the same table as I am, for deckbuilding.
The conversation between my friends and I were pretty sporadic, since we were all building our decks. xD
 Me: "Con I'm doing Green White"
Con: "Awesome man. Red"
Me: "Huh?"
Con: "Miracles."
Me: "Got any?"
Con: "No."
...

Yeah. For good reason^^; I was concentrated on my own decks. xD

You see that despair in my eyes? That's not despair, it's merely fatigue. 
So, I managed to form two decks, Green-White and Red-Blue decks...
And funnily enough, the spare deck was so much better than my main deck, the Green-White one.^^

In the end, I managed to pull off a 1W-2L-1Draw record. Not bad for a newbie, and I have to say that the Draw was one of the best matches I've ever played before. :)

Team Tableflip, and JK's Helvault~
So that was the midnight prerelease.

Not pictured: Justin, Con and I stoning and heading to Bedok for Macdonald's in the morning. xD

-Ry


No comments:

Post a Comment